I am an instructional designer and freelance writer.
I am a full-time instructional designer by day and a part-time freelance writer.
I love writing because each project prompts me to explore something new and share that knowledge with others.
Most articles I write are about training, workplace learning, and travel. I’m also interested in writing about other subjects related to lifestyle and local events.
You can access writing samples from my Writing Portfolio page, which I use to share my recent publications and activities. If you’d like to view writing samples on a specific topic, simply click that topic from the Tag Cloud or Post Categories boxes on the right.
Below is a list of highlighted articles on varying topics, in varying publications.
- Employee Engagement Matters for eLearning
- Storytelling in eLearning: The Why and How
- Specifying a Criterion in Performance Objectives
- Study Abroad in Morocco
- Desert Camping in Morocco
- Take a Course…Then Take a Nap
- Samples from LivingSocial
Below is a list of some of the publications where my articles have appeared.
- Integrated Learnings: eLearning
- eLearn Magazine
- eLearning! Magazine
- Journey Beyond Travel: Morocco Travel Guide
- Do It In Person
- InternetCE: Insurance Continuing Education
- Performance Improvement Journal
- Journal of Workplace Learning
- Journal of Effective Teaching
- Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace
I have also written promotional materials for city visitor guides, LivingSocial, and AmazonLocal.
Master of Science. Instructional & Performance Technology. Boise State University.
Bachelor of Arts. Organizational Communication. University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire.
Member. Boise Young Professionals.
Member. American Society for Training and Development – Treasure Valley Chapter.
Reviewer (of article manuscripts). Journal of Workplace Learning.
Volunteer. Girls on the Run – Treasure Valley.
On a Personal Note…
I grew up in Wisconsin and currently live with my family in beautiful Boise, Idaho…a community full of activity!
In my free time I enjoy reading, writing, volunteering, attending festivals and local events, traveling, running, and spending time with family and friends.
This page has the following sub pages.